Thursday, November 10, 2011

Muscat Love


Exactly one year ago, if a wild-eyed old man (à la Doc Brown) approached me on the street in Toronto and fortold that in a year's time I would be working in the middle east and taking a nice little road trip to the Sultanate of Oman, I would have kicked wildly at his groin and continued my disgruntled daily search for a reasonably priced shawarma.


Turns out that crazy old man was right. Long story short, I quit my job and next thing you know B and me were celebrating the Islamic holiday of Eid Al Adha by taking a roadie to Muscat, Oman with our good friends Holmsy and Em.


Muscat is chalk-full of ancient fortified walls and bright white mosques. It is the gateway to the Arabian Gulf. A hospitable, humble, quaint even, old city compared to its neighbour, UAE.


We liked it.


Good peeps, Holmsy and Em.

Fortified old earthen forts and colourful new houses of worship.
Juxtaposed yo.



No comments:

Post a Comment