Saturday, January 7, 2012

More Berlin

It's Checkpoint Charlie himself. There are 'soldiers' at every touristy site dressed up in WWII gear ready to take a photo with you for only 2 Euro.

Outside the Berliner Dom. Probably the coolest statue I have seen. A fearless (and topless) fraulein getting ready to spear a lion that is attacking her horse.

Statue in Tiergarten park in central Berlin. Apparently there are wild boar that live in Tiergarten. Unfortunately, we did not see any of the delicious beasts.

I got my pic taken with these dudes at the Brandenburg gate. The guy on the left is supposed to be some kind of ghost soldier I think. The other guy told me (twice) that he loved the New Jersey Devils. Then he asked for 2 Euro, but I only had 50 cents.

Side: The awesome statue on top of the gate is called the Quadriga and it was once stolen by that crafty little prick, Napoleon. Later it was returned. Mant years later, 3 of the horses heads were blown off by allied bombing in WWII.


The Adlon hotel. You may remember it from such baby-danglings as the time the late Michael Jackson dangled his baby from the second floor balcony. I asked B if we could re-enact the baby dangling, me playing the part of MJ, and she the baby. She did not answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment