Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lanka birds continued



More crazy-eyed birds from Sri Lanka. These Yellow-Billed Bablers are everywhere and they sing reeeaaaal nice. I was waiting for a train at one of Sri Lanka's many little colonial train stations spread throughout the hill country and heard these guys babbling away.




It's hard to tell, but this Greater Coucal has demonic red eyes. And he would perch on your chin and eat your adam's apple if he could. I spotted him while watching Cricket at my guesthouse with a cool dude named Gavin. He explained many of the nuances of Cricket to me. I used to think Cricket was stupid. Now I love it. Wicked Yorker!




This White-Bellied Drongo reminded me of myself in my younger days, all agile and introspective. Again, saw this chap while waiting for the train outside of Kandy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment